Our neighborhood, guests and the Gabi James family mean everything to us. With that in mind, we have contemplated every detail of Gabi James with the intention of safeguarding the health of our guests, neighborhood & team, while maintaining the things that we feel make us who we are. The process has been detailed & will be ever evolving to make sure we are doing the absolute best to accomplish our goals.
Below you will read many of the additional new practices & protocols we have put in place to ensure constant and continuous cleaning and sanitizing as well as social distancing whenever and wherever possible. We are constantly referring to the CDC guidelines and LA County Restaurants Reopening Guide. As more information becomes available, we will continue to adapt our operations to ensure the safety of each person who enters our restaurant, as that is the most important thing.
- Must undergo a brief health screening before the start of each shift, and anyone who is experiencing any virus-like symptoms will not be allowed to work.
- Must not work should they be in contact with anyone who is ill.
- Must wear masks.
- Wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds frequently.
- Must sanitize and/or thoroughly wash their hands each time they change gloves, every time they touch cash or a credit card, and at least every 15 minutes throughout their shift.
- We love for our guests to socialize after their meals, but unfortunately this practice is discouraged during the pandemic.
- Are encouraged to use our QR Codes to view menus but will be offered disposable menus should they not want to do this.
- Are required to wear face-coverings at Gabi James at all times when not eating/drinking.
- Must abide by ground markings inside and outside of our restaurants to adhere to social distancing protocols, including arrows directing traffic and ‘x’ marks near the restrooms to show socially distant spacing.
- Must provide the name and telephone number for one person in their party, as recommended by LA County’s Reopening Guidelines.
- Are encouraged to place pick-up orders by phone & delivery through the Postmates & Doordash sites; (phone-in pick up orders are Preferred over delivery).
OUR DINING ROOM & PATIO:
- Have reduced seating & outdoor only seating – and detailed seating plans – to allow for social distancing between parties as required by the health department.
- Are equipped with energy-efficient HVAC systems operating to the maximum extent possible and doors are being kept open to increase ventilation.
- Abide by new protocols to reduce contact between guests and staff throughout the dining experience.
- Have hand sanitizer stations available for staff and guests.
- Provide guests with QR Codes or single-use paper menus if preferred.
- Provide contactless to-go and delivery order pick-ups.
ENHANCED SANITIZATION PRACTICES IN OUR RESTAURANTS:
- Thorough disinfection of tables and seating areas between guests and between seatings.
- Increased and regular sanitization throughout the day of high-contact points, such as doors and faucets.
- Additional sanitization of the entire restaurant implemented at the end of each night.
- Disinfection of all screens used by staff at least once every 15 minutes.
- Frequent sanitization of restrooms.